Scones are a classic companion to tea, so it only makes sense to add some of your favoriteCAcafe Coconut Tea into the recipe. With CAcafe, these scones truly become the perfect companion to any hot beverage. Add a little butter or jam for the perfect snack!
For this recipe you will need:
- 1 small cup of CAcafe Coconut Tea (with water added)
- 4 heaping spoonfuls CAcafe Coconut Tea
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (for brushing)
- 1/4 cup sugar (for sprinkling)
4) With clean hands, work butter pieces into the dry mixture until thoroughly incorporated.
5) Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in buttermilk, vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon of the CAcafe coconut tea. Combine the ingredients until all the dry mix is wet. Do not knead.
6) Turn the mixture onto a floured surface and gather the dough together. Gently pat the dough to make a rectangle about 1 1/2 inches thick. Using a dough cutter, cut the scones into wedges measuring about 3 1/2 x 4 inches, and lay them on a nonstick baking sheet.
7) Brush with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. (If you need a test, a toothpick inserted in the center of one scone should come out clean.)
Recipe adapted from 1,000 Threads blog